- 2018 US Strengthlifting Nationals
- On Sunday, 01/14/18, several of your fellow lifters will be competing at the first USSF National Meet in Oakland, CA. Be sure to cheer them on this week as they prepare to lift the big weights this weekend!
- 2018 Testify Leprechaun Lift-off Weightlifting Meet
- Date: The Testify Leprechaun Lift-off will take place on Saturday, 03/10/18!
- Location: Concordia High School (click here for map) - practice gym
- Registration: Click here (registration is online only).
- Registration Deadline: Regular registration ends on 02/24/18 (and then late registration kicks in), so register soon to save some dough and get a sweet shirt!
This Week's ConditioningOption 1Sled Pyramid – 4, 5, or 6 tiersGo up and down a 4, 5, or 6 tier “sled pyramid” – rest as needed. The distance for each round is 80 m (a down-back on the 40m course). Rest as needed.For example, Bob does the following (4 tiers):Round 1: Empty sledRound 2: 25#Round 3: 50#Round 4: 75#Round 5: 50#Round 6: 25#Round 7: Empty sledOption 28 rounds:4 tire flips50 yd sled push (25 yd down-back)Rest 1 minuteCompare to 2017.11.27.Option 3“E*Trade Baby”Record reps completed in each interval3:00 Burp-ups1:30 Rest2:00 Burp-ups1:30 Rest1:00 Burp-ups(Courtesy of CrossFit KC; name courtesy of Phil’s dad)1 burp-up consists of a burpee followed immediately by a jumping pull-up (skip the clap of the burpee). No fair doing a bunch of burpees followed by a bunch of jumping pull-ups.