- 2017 Starting Strength Challenge
- Date: Saturday, 04/01/17
- Location: Concordia High School (click here for map) - weight room and mezzanine
- Registration: Click here (registration is online only)
- Registration Deadline: Registration ends this Saturday (03/25/17), so register now to ensure a spot in Nebraska's first Starting Strength meet!
- 2017 Testify Barbell MAYhem Weightlifting Meet
- Date: Saturday, 05/06/17
- Location: Concordia High School (click here for map) - practice gym
- Registration: Click here (registration is online only).
- Registration Deadline: Registration ends on 04/29/17, and those who register by April 22 will receive a Barbell MAYhem t-shirt, so register soon to get that shirt!
This Week’s ConditioningOption 1For time:21-15-9 KB Swings, 1.5 pood/1 pood42-30-18 Double-Unders21-15-9 Burpees10:00 capCompare to 2016.03.14.Option 2For time and reps:400m runME Push-ups400m runME Strict Pull-ups/Bar Rows400m runME Push-ups400m runME Strict Pull-ups/Bar RowsEach 400m run is timed individually. When you return from the run, begin a set of max effort (ME) push-ups or max effort strict pull-ups (or bar rows - no banded pull-ups), i.e., do push-ups or pull-ups/rows until you fail. After finishing your push-ups or pull-ups, head out for your next run (be sure to check the clock for timing purposes).There is a 16:00 quasi-cap on this workout. If you hit the cap, finish off all of the push-ups and pull-ups/rows but do not start any more runs. Record your 400m times and push-up and pull-up/rows numbers.Compare to 2016.03.12.Option 3Sled Pyramid – 4, 5, or 6 tiersGo up and down a 4, 5, or 6 tier “sled pyramid” – rest as needed. The distance for each round is 80 m (a down-back on the 40m course). Rest as needed.For example, Bob does the following (4 tiers):Round 1: Empty sledRound 2: 25#Round 3: 50#Round 4: 75#Round 5: 50#Round 6: 25#Round 7: Empty sledFinaleComplete 20 or 40 TTB in as few sets as possible (no more than 5 sets). Between sets, practice static handstands (i.e., no handstand walking).