- 2017 Starting Strength Challenge
- Date: Saturday, 04/01/17
- Location: Concordia High School (click here for map) - weight room and mezzanine
- Registration: Click here (registration is online only)
- Registration Deadline: Registration ends on 03/25/17, but the "early" registration discount ends tomorrow (Tuesday, 02/28/17), so register soon to save some dough, guarantee a sweet t-shirt, and ensure a spot in Nebraska's first Starting Strength meet!
- 2017 Testify Barbell MAYhem Weightlifting Meet
- Date: Saturday, 05/06/17
- Location: Concordia High School (click here for map) - practice gym
- Registration: Click here (registration is online only).
- Registration Deadline: Registration ends on 04/29/17, and those who register by April 22 will receive a Barbell MAYhem t-shirt, so register soon to get that shirt!
This Week’s ConditioningOption 13 rounds for time of:6 Standing Broad Jumps21 KB Swings, 2 pood/1.5 pood24 Push-ups(Courtesy of CF Football)Each broad jump is 6 feet, so this works out to 2 black rubber mats per jump (since the mats are 3' x 3'). Scale as necessary.Compare to 2016.02.29.Option 25 rounds for time of:40 Double-unders20 Alternating Forward Lunges (10/leg)10 Push-upsIf you can do at least 25 push-ups unbroken, scale up to slapping push-ups.Compare to 2016.02.27.Option 310-20 x 25 yds EMOM at a weight of your choiceEvery minute, push the sled 25 yards, i.e., if pushing the sled takes 20 seconds, then you have 40 seconds to rest. Perform 10-20 rounds.FinaleSpend 5-10 minutes practicing either double-unders, kipping pull-ups, or muscle-ups.