Announcement: In observance of Memorial Day (Monday, 05/28/18), we will be open for training during our usual morning hours that day (i.e., 5 a.m. - 10 a.m.), but we will be closed for the afternoon/evening hours.Upcoming events:
- 2nd annual Testify Strongman Summer Showdown
- Date: Saturday, 06/30/18
- Location: Testify Strength & Conditioning (that's right - our home turf!)
- Registration: Click here to register. Register by 06/16/18 to get yourself a shirt and avoid the late registration rate!
- Reminder: Due to the TSSS, the gym will be closed on this day, so that is another great reason to sign up and compete or at least come on out and cheer on the strong peeps!
- Want to help? We are always looking for people to help set-up, run events, and tear-down, so if you'd like to help, please let us know, and thanks!
- Cornhusker State Games Powerlifting Meet
- Date: Saturday, 07/21/18
- Location: Lincoln Northeast High School (click here for map)
- Registration: Click here for general information as well as the registration link. The price is $35 until 05/31/18, and then it goes up, so register soon!
- Other information: You will need an AAU membership for this meet, and you must have it at least two days prior to this meet to allow for background checks (click here to get your membership).
We are hosting a Starting Strength Pulling Camp (deadlift and clean) on Saturday, June 2nd, and there are still some spots left! • Click the link in our bio to register or for more information about the camp. You’ll also find information about other upcoming SS seminars, camps, and events. • Camps are conducted by SSCs and include lecture, lots of coaching and time under the bar, programming discussion, and a Q&A period. • Know anyone who would benefit from some instruction and/or an introduction to the SS methodology? Tag a friend! #startingstrength #startingstrengthcamp #startingstrengthgym #startingstrengthcoach #deadlift #powerclean
This Week's ConditioningOption 1“Prowler Base+1”1. Load up a manageable weight.2. Sprint 40m at 85% intensity.3. Rest 30 sec.4. Repeat 5-15 times.Courtesy of “Death by Prowler” by Matt Reynolds and Stef Bradford (on Starting Strength).Option 25-10 rounds:50 yd sled push (25 yd down-back)50 yd farmer carry (25 yd down-back)Rest 1 minCompare to 2018.04.16.Option 310 x 50 ft yoke carryEach carry is 25 feet down and 25 feet back and is for time. Rest 1 minute between carries.