- 2nd annual Testify Barbell MAYhem Weightlifting Meet
- Date: Saturday, 05/05/18
- Location: Concordia High School (click here for map) - practice gym
- Registration: Registration is closed (and we are completely full!), but come on out and cheer on your fellow lifters! Also, if you’re interested in helping load and/or spot, please let Phil know – we would love to have the extra help!
- Cornhusker State Games Powerlifting Meet
- Date: Saturday, 07/21/18
- Location: Lincoln Northeast High School (click here for map)
- Registration: Click here for general information as well as the registration link. The price is $35 until 05/31/18, and then it goes up, so register soon!
- Other information: You will need an AAU membership for this meet, and you must have it at least two days prior to this meet to allow for background checks (click here to get your membership).
This Week's ConditioningOption 1Sled Pyramid – 4, 5, or 6 tiersGo up and down a 4, 5, or 6 tier “sled pyramid” – rest as needed. The distance for each round is 80 m (a down-back on the 40m course). Rest as needed.For example, Bob does the following (4 tiers):Round 1: Empty sledRound 2: 25#Round 3: 50#Round 4: 75#Round 5: 50#Round 6: 25#Round 7: Empty sledOption 25-10 rounds:10 sledgehammer strikes (5R, 5L)50 yd farmer carry (25 yd down-back)Rest 1 minuteCompare to 2018.03.19.Option 35 rounds:15 cal row50 yd sled push, 100#/50#Push sled slow for recovery. Score is slowest row. (Inspired by Athlete Conditioning) Compare to 2018.03.26.