The 2018 Omaha Strengthlifting Challenge is in the books, and it was a great meet! Despite the snowy weather (in April!), we had our largest showing yet for a USSF meet, and it was great to see all the PRs that were set this past weekend. As always, a huge thank you goes out to all of the judges, spotters, loaders, officials, and those who helped set up and tear down - we could not have done this meet without you. Thank you so much!Upcoming events:
- 2nd annual Testify Barbell MAYhem Weightlifting Meet
- Date: Saturday, 05/05/18
- Location: Concordia High School (click here for map) - practice gym
- Registration: Click here (registration is online only).
- Registration Deadline: The regular registration rate ends this Saturday (04/21/18), so register soon to save yourself some moula and get yourself a shirt. Also, our most recent weightlifting meet (i.e., the Leprechaun Lift-off) sold out before the regular registration deadline, so that's even more reason to hurry up and get signed up!
- Not competing but still want to order a shirt? Click here if you're a member of Testify Strength & Conditioning!
- Cornhusker State Games Powerlifting Meet
- Date: Saturday, 07/21/18
- Location: Lincoln Northeast High School (click here for map)
- Registration: Click here for general information as well as the registration link. The price is $35 until 05/31/18, and then it goes up, so register soon!
- Other information: You will need an AAU membership for this meet, and you must have it at least two days prior to this meet to allow for background checks (click here to get your membership).
The 2018 Omaha Strengthlifting Challenge was a blast, and despite the snowy April weather, we had our largest showing yet! Lots of PRs were set, and we look forward to hosting another USSF meet in the fall as well. These meets keep growing, so we hope to see a lot of you again! Stay tuned for more photos over the coming days (and swipe right for the fun pic). #usstrengthlifting #omahastrengthliftingchallenge
This Week's ConditioningOption 1“Prowler Base”1. Load up a manageable weight.2. Sprint 40m at 85% intensity.3. Rest until breathing and heart rate slow down. (45 sec – 2 min)4. Repeat 5-15 times.Courtesy of “Death by Prowler” by Matt Reynolds and Stef Bradford (on Starting Strength).Option 25-10 rounds:50 yd sled push (25 yd down-back)50 yd farmer carry (25 yd down-back)Rest 1 minCompare to 2018.03.05.Option 3For time:500m row5 x 80m sled push500m rowRest 1 minute after the first row and after each sled push.Compare to 2018.03.12.