Announcement: Since we are hosting the Cupid Classic this weekend, we will be bringing a lot of bumper plates up to Concordia High School on Friday evening. As a result, bumper plates will be in very short supply on Saturday morning (i.e., the day of the meet, 02/11/17). We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and we thank you for understanding. As a side note, the shortage of bumpers is a great reason to come on up to the school and support your fellow lifters! And of course, afterward, join us at the Mueller house for feasting and fun (a sign-up sheet is up at the gym for bringing sides or desserts)!Upcoming events:
- 2017 Testify Cupid Classic Weightlifting Meet
- Date: Saturday, 02/11/17
- Location: Concordia High School (click here for map) - practice gym
- Registration: Registration has closed for this event.
- 2017 Starting Strength Challenge
- Date: Saturday, 04/01/17
- Location: Concordia High School (click here for map) - weight room and mezzanine
- Registration: Click here (registration is online only)
- Registration Deadline: Registration ends on 03/25/17, but the "early" registration discount ends on 02/28/17, so register soon to save some dough, guarantee a sweet t-shirt, and ensure a spot in Nebraska's first Starting Strength meet!
#Repost @jake.pudenz with @repostapp ・・・ A bunch of reps with 120/152 tonight. One of my goals for the year was to get around to other gyms in the area and train with new people and in new environments, especially since I train alone. Thanks for letting me stop in, @testifystrengthconditioning. @caffeineandkilos @cytosport @thebarbellwod @cal_strength #caffeineandkilos #thebarbellwod #calstrength #cselite #cytostrength
This Week’s ConditioningOption 110 min AMRAP of:20 Double-unders10 Lunges10 Push-upsLunges are "stationary," not walking. Also, these are regular lunges, not reverse lunges, so be sure to step forward to begin the lunge. Alternate legs for each lunge.Compare to 2016.02.08.Option 23:00 AMReAP of:10 Hang Power Snatches, 95#/63#10 Jumping Squats3:00 rest3:00 AMReAP of:10 Hang Power Cleans, 115#/78#10 Push-ups3:00 rest3:00 AMReAP of:10 Deadlifts, 135#/93#10 BurpeesThe hang power snatches/cleans can also be power snatches/cleans (i.e., they can be pulled directly from the floor, which would be practical for the first rep).Compare to 2016.02.04.Option 3“Prowler Base”1. Load up a manageable weight.2. Sprint 40m at 85% intensity.3. Rest until breathing and heart rate slow down. (45 sec – 2 min)4. Repeat 5-15 times.Courtesy of “Death by Prowler” by Matt Reynolds and Stef Bradford (on Starting Strength).FinaleSpend 5-10 minutes practicing either double-unders, kipping pull-ups, or muscle-ups.