- 2017 Testify Cupid Classic Weightlifting Meet
- Date: Saturday, 02/11/17
- Location: Concordia High School (click here for map) - practice gym
- Registration: Click here (registration is online only).
- Registration Deadline: Registration ends on 02/04/17, and those who register by January 28 will receive a Cupid Classic t-shirt, so register soon to get that shirt!
- 2017 Starting Strength Challenge
- Date: Saturday, 04/01/17
- Location: Concordia High School (click here for map) - weight room and mezzanine
- Registration: Click here (registration is online only)
- Registration Deadline: Registration ends on 03/25/17, but there are "very early" and "early" registration discount deadlines, so register soon to save some dough, guarantee a sweet t-shirt, and ensure a spot in Nebraska's first Starting Strength meet - we already have several confirmed out-of-state lifters and we expect to have more!
This week's conditioning:Option 1:"E*Trade Baby"Record reps completed in each interval3:00 Burp-ups1:30 Rest2:00 Burp-ups1:30 Rest1:00 Burp-ups(Courtesy of CrossFit KC; name courtesy of Phil's dad)1 burp-up consists of a burpee followed immediately by a jumping pull-up (skip the clap of the burpee). No fair doing a bunch of burpees followed by a bunch of jumping pull-ups.Option 2:4 rounds of:1 min to complete 16, 12, or 8 burpees, rest remainder of minute1 min to complete 40 double-unders, rest remainder of minute1 min to complete 16 alternating box step ups (24"/18") holding KB (1.5 pood/1 pood) or DB (55#/35#) goblet-style, rest remainder of minute1 min to complete 12 weighted sit-ups holding KB (1.5 pood/1 pood) or DB (55#/35#), rest remainder of minuteThe clock will be counting down from 1:00 at each station - your score is your total amount of rest time from all 4 rounds (i.e., 16 stations). At the end of the minute, you move to the next station (whether or not finished the prescribed number of reps). For the burpees - before the workout begins - choose either 16, 12, or 8 reps. Choose wisely - once the number is chosen, it stays the same for all 4 rounds.Compare to 2016.01.09.Option 3:“Prowler Base”1. Load up a manageable weight.2. Sprint 40m at 85% intensity.3. Rest until breathing and heart rate slow down. (45 sec – 2 min)4. Repeat 5-15 times.Courtesy of “Death by Prowler” by Matt Reynolds and Stef Bradford (on Starting Strength).FinaleL-sit, 5 x 30 sec