With the New Year arriving tonight, here are the hours for the holidays:Today (Saturday, 12/31/16): 7:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. (i.e., regular hours)Monday, 01/02/17: ClosedTuesday, 01/03/17: Regular hoursUpcoming events:
- 2017 Testify Cupid Classic Weightlifting Meet
- Date: Saturday, 02/11/17
- Location: Concordia High School (click here for map) - practice gym
- Registration: Click here (registration is online only).
- Registration Deadline: Registration ends on 02/04/17, and those who register by January 28 will receive a Cupid Classic t-shirt, so register soon to get that shirt!
- 2017 Starting Strength Challenge
- Date: Saturday, 04/01/17
- Location: Concordia High School (click here for map) - weight room and mezzanine
- Registration: Click here (registration is online only)
- Registration Deadline: Registration ends on 03/25/17, but there are "very early" and "early" registration discount deadlines, so register soon to save some dough, guarantee a sweet t-shirt, and ensure a spot in Nebraska's first Starting Strength meet - we already have several confirmed out-of-state lifters and we expect to have more!
ConditioningSled Pyramid – 4 tiersGo up and down a 4 tier “sled pyramid” – rest as needed. The distance for each round is 80 m (a down-back on the 40m course). Rest as needed.For example, Bob does the following:Round 1: Empty sledRound 2: 25#Round 3: 50#Round 4: 75#Round 5: 50#Round 6: 25#Round 7: Empty sledFinaleComplete 20 or 40 TTB in as few sets as possible (no more than 5 sets). Between sets, practice static handstands (i.e., no handstand walking).