- 2018 Testify Leprechaun Lift-off Weightlifting Meet
- Date: The Testify Leprechaun Lift-off will take place on Saturday, 03/10/18!
- Location: Concordia High School (click here for map) – practice gym
- Registration: Click here (registration is online only).
- Registration Deadline: Regular registration ends on 02/24/18 (and then late registration kicks in), so register soon to save some dough and get a sweet shirt!
- 2018 Omaha Strengthlifting Challenge
- Ready to Fish Fry?! Lori keeps us updated on her site – Omaha Fish Fry Fellowship – and you can also order shirts there – click here for the link.
A big congrats goes out to @__abbysharp__, who had a rather big day yesterday. Abby took 1st in the 148 lb class at the 2018 Nebraska All-Class State Raw Powerlifting Championships. She had the second highest total of all females in the meet (i.e., across all weight classes) and also won the Best Female Heavyweight Lifter award (i.e., best female lifter of the 148 lb, 165 lb, 198 lb, and Unlimited weight classes). • Abby set PRs in all three lifts and went 9-for-9, squatting 255/265/275, benching 135/140/145, and pulling 245/265/280 (lbs). • We also find it mildly amusing that the 148 lb class is part of the heavyweight grouping.
This Week’s Conditioning
1. Load up a manageable weight.
2. Sprint 40m at 85% intensity.
3. Rest 30 sec.
4. Repeat 5-15 times.
6 tire flips
50 yd farmer carry (25 yd down-back)
Rest 1 minute
Compare to the week of 2017.12.25.
10 min AMRAP of:
Lunges are “stationary,” not walking. Also, these are regular lunges, not reverse lunges, so be sure to step forward to begin the lunge. Alternate legs for each lunge.
Compare to 2017.02.06.