- 2017 Testify Cupid Classic Weightlifting Meet
- Date: Saturday, 02/11/17
- Location: Concordia High School (click here for map) – practice gym
- Registration: Click here (registration is online only).
- Registration Deadline: Registration ends on 02/04/17, and those who register by January 28 (this Saturday!) will receive a Cupid Classic t-shirt, so register soon to get that shirt!
- 2017 Starting Strength Challenge
- Date: Saturday, 04/01/17
- Location: Concordia High School (click here for map) – weight room and mezzanine
- Registration: Click here (registration is online only)
- Registration Deadline: Registration ends on 03/25/17, but there are “very early” and “early” registration discount deadlines, so register soon to save some dough, guarantee a sweet t-shirt, and ensure a spot in Nebraska’s first Starting Strength meet – we already have several confirmed out-of-state lifters and we expect to have more!
This Week’s Conditioning
30 Clean and Jerks, 135#/93#
6:00 cap. Any version of a clean is acceptable (power or full), and any version of shoulder-to-overhead is acceptable (push jerk, split jerk, or push press . . . or even press, but that’s just ridiculous).
10 min AMReAP of:
10 1-arm DB Hang Power Snatches, 50#/30# (5R, 5L)
10 1-arm DB Hang Power Clean and Jerks, 50#/30# (5R, 5L)
10 Jumping Squats
The snatches are split evenly between right-hand and left-hand, but they can be completed in any manner desired (e.g., 5R-5L, R-L-R-L-…, etc.). This is likewise true for the clean and jerks.
Compare to 2016.01.25.
Sled Pyramid – 4, 5, or 6 tiers
Go up and down a 4, 5, or 6 tier “sled pyramid” – rest as needed. The distance for each round is 80 m (a down-back on the 40m course). Rest as needed.
For example, Bob does the following (4 tiers):
Round 1: Empty sled
Round 2: 25#
Round 3: 50#
Round 4: 75#
Round 5: 50#
Round 6: 25#
Round 7: Empty sled
L-sit, 5 x 30 sec