- 2018 Testify Leprechaun Lift-off Weightlifting Meet
- Date: The Testify Leprechaun Lift-off will take place on Saturday, 03/10/18!
- Location: Concordia High School (click here for map) – practice gym
- Registration: Click here (registration is online only).
- Registration Deadline: Regular registration ends on 02/24/18 (and then late registration kicks in), so register soon to save some dough and get a sweet shirt!
- 2018 Omaha Strengthlifting Challenge
- Ready to Fish Fry?! Lori has the shirts ready to order, so click here to check ’em out and place an order!
Back by popular demand, here is Glenn pulling 84 kg (185.2 lbs) for a PR 3rd attempt at this past weekend’s USSF Nationals in Oakland, CA. Note the number 84, as that happens to be Glenn’s age as well. • When @gmueller33 started training a little over a year ago, his deadlift on day one was 41 lb. Now, he pulls 185 lb pretty darn smoothly and will be gunning for 200 at his next USSF meet – the Omaha Strengthlifting Challenge in April. • Fun fact: Glenn’s first comment coming off the platform was “What’s next?” • Glenn started strength training to prepare for an upcoming trip to China. He knew that his knees hurt when he sat down and got up, and he wanted to make sure that he would be able to walk, sit, and stand comfortably while on his trip. On his first day of training, Glenn did bodyweight box squats to a fairly high target, he did not have the flexibility to put a bar on his back, he could not reach overhead, and his deadlift was 41 lb. This past weekend, he squatted 59 kg (130.1 lb), he pressed 26 kg (57.3 lb) overhead, and he deadlifted 84 kg (185.2 lb). Glenn made the decision to get strong. Not surprisingly, he had a blast on his trip to China. • Glenn was also joined at Nationals by his daughter-in-law (@barbaraamueller) and granddaughter (@beckymeggers), thus being part of three generations of his family to compete at Nationals. • Are you looking to get stronger, or do you know someone who would benefit from getting stronger? Get in touch with a Starting Strength Coach today. #strongeratanyage @startingstrength @usstrengthlifting
This Week’s Conditioning
“Prowler Sprint Test”
1. Load up a heavier weight.
2. Time a 15 yards sprint at 100% intensity.
3. Rest 30 seconds.
4. Repeat sprint until times slows down 10%.
5. Goal is to increase # of sprints under the time standard.
5-10 rounds of:
30 sec ME tire flips
30 sec rest
Compare to 2017.12.11.
10 min AMReAP of:
10 1-arm DB Hang Power Snatches, 50#/30# (5R, 5L)
10 1-arm DB Hang Power Clean and Jerks, 50#/30# (5R, 5L)
10 Jumping Squats
The snatches are split evenly between right-hand and left-hand, but they can be completed in any manner desired (e.g., 5R-5L, R-L-R-L-…, etc.). This is likewise true for the clean and jerks.
Compare to 2017.01.23.