- 2017 Starting Strength Challenge
- Date: Saturday, 04/01/17 (just a reminder – the gym will be closed on this day)
- Location: Concordia High School (click here for map) – weight room and mezzanine
- Registration has ended for this event, but please come on out and support your fellow lifters as they compete!
- 2017 Testify Barbell MAYhem Weightlifting Meet
- Date: Saturday, 05/06/17
- Location: Concordia High School (click here for map) – practice gym
- Registration: Click here (registration is online only).
- Registration Deadline: Registration ends on 04/29/17, and those who register by April 22 will receive a Barbell MAYhem t-shirt, so register soon to get that shirt!
This Week’s Conditioning
8:00 AMReAP of:
3 KB Swings, 2 pood/1.5 pd
3 Box Jumps, 24″/18″
6 KB Swings, 2 pood/1.5 pd
6 Box Jumps, 24″/18″
9 KB Swings, 2 pood/1.5 pd
9 Box Jumps, 24″/18″
Add 3 reps to each movement as the workout progresses. As you may remember, the 2 pood KB (32 kg) is approximately 72#, and the 1.5 pood KB (24 kg) is approximately 53#. Dumbbell substitutions for these weights are usually 70# and 55#, respectively.
Compare to 2016.03.31.
7 rounds for time of:
10 Wall Balls, 20#/14#
Compare to 2016.03.19.
10-20 x 25 yds EMOM at a weight of your choice
Every minute, push the sled 25 yards, i.e., if pushing the sled takes 20 seconds, then you have 40 seconds to rest. Perform 10-20 rounds.
Complete 20 or 40 TTB in as few sets as possible (no more than 5 sets). Between sets, practice static handstands (i.e., no handstand walking).