With the New Year arriving tonight, here are the hours for the holidays:
Today (Saturday, 12/31/16): 7:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. (i.e., regular hours)
Monday, 01/02/17: Closed
Tuesday, 01/03/17: Regular hours
- 2017 Testify Cupid Classic Weightlifting Meet
- Date: Saturday, 02/11/17
- Location: Concordia High School (click here for map) – practice gym
- Registration: Click here (registration is online only).
- Registration Deadline: Registration ends on 02/04/17, and those who register by January 28 will receive a Cupid Classic t-shirt, so register soon to get that shirt!
- 2017 Starting Strength Challenge
- Date: Saturday, 04/01/17
- Location: Concordia High School (click here for map) – weight room and mezzanine
- Registration: Click here (registration is online only)
- Registration Deadline: Registration ends on 03/25/17, but there are “very early” and “early” registration discount deadlines, so register soon to save some dough, guarantee a sweet t-shirt, and ensure a spot in Nebraska’s first Starting Strength meet – we already have several confirmed out-of-state lifters and we expect to have more!
Sled Pyramid – 4 tiers
Go up and down a 4 tier “sled pyramid” – rest as needed. The distance for each round is 80 m (a down-back on the 40m course). Rest as needed.
For example, Bob does the following:
Round 1: Empty sled
Round 2: 25#
Round 3: 50#
Round 4: 75#
Round 5: 50#
Round 6: 25#
Round 7: Empty sled
Complete 20 or 40 TTB in as few sets as possible (no more than 5 sets). Between sets, practice static handstands (i.e., no handstand walking).